Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 19th

I awoke quite early to find a steam slowly rolling across the lake. I did take some pics with my Canon camera, but I can't be bothered to unpack it at the moment.




After getting packed up and heading out, I tried to trust my GPS again to take me on fun roads by giving it the "Shortest Path" criteria. And again, it gave me a big FUCK YOU. Taking me down this:


Photobucket


Which turned to this:


Photobucket


Which ended in this:


Photobucket


Stupid GPS. Last time I trust it to do me any favors.


Anyway, after backtracking all over all that, I made it back to paved roads, which were just as awesome as yesterday. I mean, srsly, just . . . beautiful. Not QUITE as race-track twisty as yesterday, but still fun and very smooth, no traffic, and lots of trees.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The farther south I got, the more awesome it got. I do have a video, but don't have a ton of time to do much more uploading right now. That, and as usual it's shaky as hell. I'll probably do a big-ass video post at some point


Anyway, I kept on going, and everything was going fine, until I stopped on the shoulder to check my GPS, lost my footing, and . . .


Photobucket


Well, that was dumb. I'm still not sure what happened, but I think I took my foot off the rear brake, causing the bike to move backwards and at the angle, and I didn't have the presence of mind to stop it. Fortunately, a couple guys stopped almost immediately, helped me pick it up, and I was back on my way.


Photobucket


I'm down in Arkansas by now. I've stopped in at this hilariously little run-down gas station, which for some reason has free wi-fi.


Photobucket


And Pizza! Mmmmm, pizza.


Photobucket


So, that's where I am right now. At this tiny little roadside gas station in northern Arkansas, munching on pizza and puttering around on the internet.


It's a weird world.

No comments:

Post a Comment