Friday, May 22, 2009

Going to take a couple days off

Hey everyone.

At this point, I'm staying with some old friends in Austin, Texas, and I think I'm going to take a couple days off from traveling. Not just as a break, but more to clear my head.

My lowside yesterday wasn't . . . it wasn't just an inexperience thing. I was majorly distracted by some very, very heavy news that I'd received earlier in the day. Riding, as any rider will tell you and I have learned, takes your full concentration at all times. When you don't give it that, bad things happen.

I got lucky, I got into a situation which let me know the limits of the bike, without major damage. From this point on, I think I'll have a better judgment of upcoming corners, and more familiarity with how far over is too far.

But I really don't feel like pushing that luck again. And right now . . . there's some very, very heavy stuff going on. It's not directly related to my trip, so I'm not going to go into details, partly for the privacy concerns of those involved. I need some time for this to settle before I go back to one of the more dangerous hobbies one can have on the most dangerous places in our country: our roads.

On the upside, I've got a lot of pictures that I need to get uploaded and orginized, as well as some videos. So many of those coming in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment