Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Trick to get a Treat

Okay, so let me get this straight, animals lie? Are you serious? You said "the angler is telling a lie, exploiting the little fish's tendency to approach wriggling worm-like objects" (64). I think you are stepping into gray territory when you use the word "lie" for this method of obtaining food. Personally, I think he is just tricking. The poor guy is just trying to get some food, trying to survive, and you go and throw the weight of a mortal sin on his shoulders. I think he just heard about Halloween, but got confused, and instead of Trick or Treat, he heard Trick for a Treat. Therefore, it really isn't that bad if he does trick to get his food. After all, he is just a Survival Machine, trying to be on the list for Natural Selection. So, I think you owe Mr. Angler an apology.
(Plus, he is a famous movie star in Finding Nemo, using his amazing techniques, he helps Marlin find the mask!)

No comments:

Post a Comment