Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Joey Breakdown: 7/14/95


My first ever mix tape. No, it never had a proper title so I called it what it said on the master tape - the date it was recorded. Yes, the mixing and track selection maybe leave something to be desired but it's really not that bad for a 17 year old who just got his first pair of decks two months prior. Actually, I think I had already played out @ Club Nile (lol) by this point - I took up DJing pretty fast. Mostly because I watched other DJ's I very quickly knew what I was doing technically. However, this mix shows I had a while to go before I understood how to program a set and especially that I was still feeling my way around what records to buy and play. Nonetheless, it's a fun trip down memory lane for me. While hesitant to post such an amateur effort, a few friends have asked for copies over the years so it's nice to have it digitalized...

No full track list as I sold a lot of these years ago and have no clue what they are, but I can say you'll enjoy the likes of Goldie, Remarc, 4 Hero, DJ SS, Ellis D, Leviticus, Origin Unknown, Bizzy B, and some cheeky Toni Tony Tone remix, among others. Enjoy.

Joey Breakdown: 7/14/95 - Side 1


Joey Breakdown: 7/14/95 - Side 2


Keep in mind these are ripped from very old cassette tapes, the sound quality is not the best! Click the play button to stream, or to download: just click on the "divshare" logo. On that next page, click the "download" button. You'll get a 15 second countdown, then it takes you to the same "download" screen again. Click "download" again, it will prompt you to open or save. Save and import into itunes, winamp, etc, and viola! Whatever way you do it, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment